Metalink Fiasco

From: Crisler, Jon <Jon.Crisler_at_usi.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 13:02:43 -0500

I don't know how else to put this besides fiasco- this is totally unacceptable for a company as large at Oracle. Metalink has been effectively down for 3 days now.

I have patches to download, problems to research and service requests to update. My company spends millions of dollars a year alone for Oracle Support. The read-only Metalink never worked, and the Oracle support phone lines are saturated.

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being completely dissatisfied, and 10 being ultra happy, I can safely say I am not in the 6-10 range.