Re: Metalink Fiasco

From: Nuno Souto <>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 23:47:31 +1100

Andre van Winssen wrote,on my timestamp of 12/11/2009 11:13 PM:

> I was not talking about here. I have a 11.2 RDBMS installation,
> with no separate grid control agent installation on the clusternodes.

Don't know. Im afraid until I receive 11r2 for AIX with grid, I can't comment on that release.

> All I have in $ORACLE_HOME/ccr/config is a file which
> only has lines that are commented out. And there's nothing like a mac or
> ip address in the files in $ORACLE_HOME/ccr/state.

Is there anything in the doco?

> so it's pretty safe to assume that no mac or ip address is sent to
> oracle ccs.

You can make that assumption. I don't.
The point I made is that until I see a *complete* list of everything that may or may not be sent, default or not, OCM doesn't touch any of my systems. Assumptions don't come into this, only facts.

Nuno Souto
in wet Sydney, Australia