Sizing a new server

From: Koivu, Lisa <lisa.koivu_at_efairfield.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 08:05:23 -0700

Good morning everyone,

Lucky me, I get to choose the size of the server this company should consider purchasing.  I have been poking around on the net for any guidelines - I can make guesses based upon my gut feel and how strapped the current unix server is, but I want to be able to back this up with hard numbers.  This is for a dw application.

Can anyone point me to a website, book, or anything in particular that can help me justify sizing a machine?  It's so fun working for a company that doesn't have a sysadmin on staff...

Thanks

Lisa Koivu
Oracle Data Bored Administrator
Ft. Lauderdale, FL, USA
954-935-4117

The information in the electronic mail message is Cendant confidential and may be legally privileged, it is intended solely for the addressee(s) access to this internet electronic mail message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.

The sender believes that this E-mail and any attachments were free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse, and/or malicious code when sent. This message and its attachments could have been infected during transmission. By reading the message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full responsibility for taking protective and remedial action about viruses and other defects. Cendant Corporation or Affiliates are not liable for any loss or damage arising in any way from this message or its attachments. Received on Mon Jul 09 2001 - 10:05:23 CDT