DO I GIVE PROGRAMMERS ORACLE DBA ACCOUNT?

From: <Donna_M_Vail_at_sd.fisc.navy.mil>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 10:54:16 -0400

Sending this again, Because I did not have a subject last time.

I sure would appreciate some opinions on this. At my place of work we have two teams in our division. One team is the application programmers and the other team is UNIX system/Oracle DBAs. I have a new platform that just came in. I need to set up the Oracle database and Oracle Application Server

on it.     Here's the question.     My application programmer wants the  Oracle
DBA account and the sys account.      This platform is not a test platform.
Yes they are developing on this platform and then it will go into
production.        My Oracle DBA's do not want to give out the accounts to the
developers.
Who do I please?