RE: DO I GIVE PROGRAMMERS ORACLE DBA ACCOUNT?

From: L <leed_at_chele.cais.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 18:07:18 -0400 (EDT)

in real world some time it is NOT that easy. Most of our programmer in our site include contractor request have DBA privilege. if you don't give them, they report to their boss and say "they can NOT do their work". Teir boss will fight with your boss and say "just give us any right, we need meet dead line". A lot of political issue include in it. Most books and tutorial say "Only give programmer the right they need", it is NOT easy in real world.