Re: DO I GIVE PROGRAMMERS ORACLE DBA ACCOUNT?

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 19:31:15 GMT

No. And that is a complete sentence.

When they ask for the privileges, make them spell out EXACTLY what they need those accounts for. Then create roles that have those privs (or grant them directly to the developer's account).

In some cases, as when they ask for true system privileges, tell them that if you give them to them you would be out of a job.