Re: DO I GIVE PROGRAMMERS ORACLE DBA ACCOUNT?

From: James Howerton <jhowerton_at_uabmc.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 16:43:25 -0500

"NO"

Happily take care of any sys or DBA things they need done. Also I use to = work for the USAF & DISSA, I think the security GESTAPO types would have a = problem with granting these privs to a non BDA/SA.

...JIM... Jim Howerton
Senior Oracle DBA
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Health System Information Services

e: jhowerton_at_uabmc.edu=20
v: 205-934-9111
f: 205-934-0632

>>> Donna_M_Vail_at_sd.fisc.navy.mil 7/24/00 1:57:45 PM >>>
Sending this again, Because I did not have a subject last time.

I sure would appreciate some opinions on this. At my place of work we = have=20
two teams in our division. One team is the application programmers and = the=20
other team is UNIX system/Oracle DBAs. I have a new platform that = just=20
came in. I need to set up the Oracle database and Oracle Application = Server=20
on it. Here's the question. My application programmer wants the = Oracle=20
DBA account and the sys account. This platform is not a test = platform. =20
Yes they are developing on this platform and then it will go into=20 production. My Oracle DBA's do not want to give out the accounts to = the=20
developers.
Who do I please? =20

--=20
Author:=20
  INET: Donna_M_Vail_at_sd.fisc.navy.mil=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Jul 24 2000 - 16:43:25 CDT