METALINK and OWS

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 11:15:48 +0200

A junior DBA at one of my clients has just tried to register on Metalink and here is what he got :

Request Failed

We were unable to process your request at this time.

Error occured while accessing

     "/register/plsql/registration.check_step_3" at Fri Jun 09 02:06:23 2000

OWS-05100: Unable to connect due to Oracle error 1034

  PL/SQL Cartridge SERVICE: register
  PROCEDURE: registration.check_step_3

  PARAMETERS:

  P_GCDB_CONTACT_ID: blahblah

LOL. Is this an improvement on traditional support ? I have recently heard at another client that an OWS guy crashed his database (shared with others, quite obviously) while trying to reproduce our putting in evidence that splitting partitions in an IOT while inserts are going on (even in other partitions) causes deadlocks in 8.1.5/8.1.6, and that he asked the client for help. Oh yes, really ? And we are supposed to pay for that ?

--
Regards,

  Stephane Faroult
  email: sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com