RE: METALINK and OWS

From: Gait, Christopher <cgait_at_condor.nrl.navy.mil>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 22:54:43 -0400

Most of this thread has turned out to be a 'junior/senior DBA' issue instead of about Metalink, but I'd like to go back to talking about Metalink because it ticks me off. I've personally crashed the Metalink database at least once. This wasn't a 'can't answer you now, why don't you go find someone who gives a damn' error, but a fullblown 'End of file on communication channel.' Metalink is improving, but the overall quality still stinks. I complain to them constantly. I suggest everyone do the same. If there are dozens of negative feedbacks a day about their crappy support site they will eventually be forced to do something about it.

Regards,
Chris Gait
Oracle DBA (more junior than senior)
Arlington, VA