Re: D languages (was: (OT)Dynamic inheritance (was: Object support in the relational model??))

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_at_nospam_ncs.es>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 23:43:51 GMT

On Sun, 9 Jun 2002 01:54:03 -0400, "Rick Morris" <morriscode_at_telocity.com> wrote:

> I already promised Leandro that I would help in whatever limited
>way I could, even if it is just documentation and publicity. Will you at
>least take that step also?

Yes but I doubt it will be something to document.

In my experience if an open source project wants to be successful, an important initial contribution (in code) should be made.

What is your intention, a DBMS or a "business logic server"?

What I have made is a business logic server like Date describes in the book What not How ...

It is easy compared with a full DBMS.

>> For instance I have BNF specifications at hand.
>
>That would be a perfect start. My whole interest here is to create something
>that would provide an open standard, by which someone could implement

But it is already in the Third Manifesto book :-?

It is only a typing exercice.

>Tutorial D in any language (within reason). Why not contact Leandro, the
>project manager? I know that BNF specs are exactly what he is looking for
>right now.

Ok, I will send it to him. I have made some minor changes (very few), and filled some of the intentional gaps. Received on Tue Jun 11 2002 - 01:43:51 CEST

Original text of this message