Re: (OT)Dynamic inheritance (was: Object support in the relational model??)

From: Rick Morris <morriscode_at_telocity.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 01:54:03 -0400

"Alfredo Novoa" <alfredo_at_nospam_ncs.es> wrote in message news:3cfd32b5.258752_at_newscache4.freenet.de...
> On Mon, 3 Jun 2002 11:48:10 -0400, "Rick Morris"
> <morriscode_at_telocity.com> wrote:
>
> >> It is totally dead.
> >
> >As I said, it is just a placeholder at the moment. The person who created
it
> >responded to my email, saying he is just hoping it can provide some sort
of
> >focal point for people interested in putting the project together. My
point
> >is, let's all do what we can, however limited. My abilities are at the
> >moment limited to scripting languages, but I would be glad to help with
> >testing, documentation, etc...
>
> But a void placeholder does not attract a lot of interest. The project
> was registered 1 year ago and nobody has joined to it. I am very
> interested in tutorial D, but a totally void placeholder does not
> encourage very much to joining in.

Well, maybe no one has joined it because no one has joined it. (recursion can kill you ;-). Tell you what: I will take the step of joining the project. I already promised Leandro that I would help in whatever limited way I could, even if it is just documentation and publicity. Will you at least take that step also?

> I am developing a tutorial D implementation for internal use (at this
> moment it only works with simple types), it is not open source, but I
> am insterested in discussion about implementation and I can
> collaborate if people starts to do something.
>
> For instance I have BNF specifications at hand.

That would be a perfect start. My whole interest here is to create something that would provide an open standard, by which someone could implement Tutorial D in any language (within reason). Why not contact Leandro, the project manager? I know that BNF specs are exactly what he is looking for right now.

Worth a try? Received on Sun Jun 09 2002 - 07:54:03 CEST

Original text of this message