Re: D languages (was: (OT)Dynamic inheritance (was: Object support in the relational model??))

From: Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra <lgcdutra_at_terra.com.br>
Date: 11 Jun 2002 01:10:59 -0700

alfredo_at_nospam_ncs.es (Alfredo Novoa) wrote in message news:<3d053995.15011875_at_news.wanadoo.es>...

> In my experience if an open source project wants to be successful, an
> important initial contribution (in code) should be made.

        Yes, you are right.

        My hope is that each little contribution, be it documentation only, fosters interest in the relational model and helps creating a critical mass of awareness. Sooner or later better and more disciplined coders than me may take interest.

> What is your intention, a DBMS or a "business logic server"?
>
> What I have made is a business logic server like Date describes in the
> book What not How ...
>
> It is easy compared with a full DBMS.

        Sure. My idea is getting the interface first, as proposed in WNH and done by Alphora in Dataphor.

> But it is already in the Third Manifesto book :-?

        Examples, not full EBNF.

> Ok, I will send it to him. I have made some minor changes (very few),
> and filled some of the intentional gaps.

        Thanks, awaiting!

--
 _
/ \ Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra        +41 (21) 216 15 93