S-Designor CASE Tool

From: Ed Jennings <jennings_at_dca.net>
Date: 1996/02/07

I'm about to purchase ErWin as our corporate Data Modelling tool. However, at the last minute someone else has suggested that we consider PowerSoft's S-Designor. I've never used it and only know what I've read. I don't see anything it provides that ErWin doesn't. Our front-ends are PowerBuilder, JAM, Delphi, & VB. The DB is Oracle 7.2.2. I'm not sure I want a tool that is owned by Sybase.

Can anyone tell me about their experiences with Data Modeling Tools in general, and S-Designor in particular. Does S-Designor have any pitfalls I should be aware of? Is is superior/inferior in any key areas??

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Ed Jennings
jennings_at_dca.net Received on Wed Feb 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message