Re: S-Designor CASE Tool

From: <Unknown>
Date: 1996/02/19

In article <4fva68$ktj_at_sol.sun.csd.unb.ca>, Bruce.McGee_at_asg.unb.ca (Bruce McGee) says:

>In article <312225EB.5281_at_continental.com>, Darryl Smith <dsmith_at_continental.com> wrote:
>>Ed Jennings wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm about to purchase ErWin as our corporate Data Modelling tool.
>>> However, at the last minute someone else has suggested that we
>>> consider PowerSoft's S-Designor. I've never used it and only know
>>> what I've read. I don't see anything it provides that ErWin doesn't.
>>> Our front-ends are PowerBuilder, JAM, Delphi, & VB. The DB is
>>> Oracle 7.2.2. I'm not sure I want a tool that is owned by Sybase.

I've evaluated both products you mention. I my opinion, ERWin is superior. Alltough, to confuse you even more... i would DEFINITELY recommend Designer 2000. Default generation from the Des2000 repository is so powerfull, I cannot live without. Of course, this might imply that you should consider the Developer 2000 product suite as well...

Good developing !!

Jan Received on Mon Feb 19 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message