2 wks, no sol'n from you guys!

From: Ted M. Troccola <ttroccol_at_motown.ge.com>
Date: 1996/02/07

Here is my LOV (which we will call SCHOOL in block B)

     |----------|

| Fla St |
| Penn St |
| Mich St |
|----------| I want code like this. If :B.SCHOOL = 'Fla St' then Go_Item('Seminoles'); Elseif :B.SCHOOL = 'Penn St' then Go_Item('Lions'); Else Go_Item('Spartans');

    End if;

You see... the idea is

   I check the value. Then, I must goto a different item.

  • NOTE : Go_Item, Go_Block are RESTRICTED PROCEDURES. WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM does not allow the inclusion of RESTRICTED PROCEDURES.
The solution I came up with is using
  Set_Block_Property('B', Next_Navigation_Block, 'wherever') to where I need to go depending on the value.

By having the :B.SCHOOL item the last item in the block this worked fine, but obviously, this might not always be the case.

I have had around 20 replies to this question. Only 2 have been useful. Please make sure you understand what I mean before replying. If you think you might be able to help, but are not sure you understand, call me and I will call you back and maybe we can figure this one out! (Just getting tired of suggestions like

   Use this code

     WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger
        if ... then
          Go_Item('blahblahblah');
        end if;

  4 replies were of this nature, even after I mailed them with   and example that had the NOTE above! :-(

Thanks,
Ted

  Ted Troccola                            Email : ttroccol_at_motown.ge.com
                                                  troccola_at_vitinc.com
  Lockheed Martin                         Phone : (609)722-4721
  Government Electronic Systems           Fax : (609)722-4707
  199 Borton Landing Road		  Dial Comm : 8*224-4721
  Moorestown, NJ 08057-0927