Re: S-Designor CASE Tool

From: Mario van Essen <marvaes_at_hacom.nl>
Date: 1996/02/11

On 7 Feb 1996 17:04:58 GMT, jennings_at_dca.net (Ed Jennings) wrote:

>I'm about to purchase ErWin as our corporate Data Modelling tool.
>However, at the last minute someone else has suggested that we
>consider PowerSoft's S-Designor. I've never used it and only know
>what I've read. I don't see anything it provides that ErWin doesn't.
>Our front-ends are PowerBuilder, JAM, Delphi, & VB. The DB is
>Oracle 7.2.2. I'm not sure I want a tool that is owned by Sybase.
>
>Can anyone tell me about their experiences with Data Modeling Tools
>in general, and S-Designor in particular. Does S-Designor have any
>pitfalls I should be aware of? Is is superior/inferior in any key
>areas??
>
>Your thoughts are appreciated.
>

>Ed Jennings
>jennings_at_dca.net

Ed,

buy S-Designor if your team is used to work with ERD's or anything near (or alike, Oracle Case methodology, James Martin IE). Our experiences with S-Designor and Oracle 7.*, Powerbuilder (also Sybase  !), VB 4.0 are great. We also used it with MS-Access, Paradox/Win, DB2-400 and AS-400/native.

If you like "the real thing" and are going for good methods and endusers understanding your work, buy Infomodeler.

drs. ing. Mario van Essen                                N.V. REMU
   marvaes_at_hacom.nl               @..@                Informatiezaken
    +31-35-6235451               (----)               +31-30-2975515
      Hilversum                 (>____<)                  Utrecht
------------"The Netherlands, best place to be on earth"-------------
- "Life at the Net is like living in space and looking down, asking--
-  yourself what will be going on down there on earth"---------------
- Everything i write is my own opinion, not that of the N.V. REMU----