Re: SQL*Plus replacement available - SPAM SPAM SPAM

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 22:32:12 -0700

Ulrich Kobsa wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> why are you reacting so rude? Ok, he/she is not using his/her realname
> and maybe .marketplace is the right group to post. But IMHO it is not
> so clear that new tools offerings cannot be posted on this group.

Actually if you read the charter ... and if you followed the discussions on the subject here for the last 6 months you would know that it is remarkably clear.

We do not want any commercial postings as they just invite more commercial postings ... and almost all from self-righteous people who haven't the courtesy to apologize and repost.

It is rude to spam. It is not rude to call a spammer by that name.

[Quoted] [Quoted] And anytime this group disagrees with me ... I will start posting advertisements for everything I do of a 'non-commercial' nature [Quoted] right here. And so will everyone else. And the amount of useful technical discourse will decrease to near zero.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu