Re: SQL*Plus replacement available - SPAM SPAM SPAM

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 22:40:26 -0700

no_at_spam.com wrote:

> In article <4b5394b2.0406021227.422a0440_at_posting.google.com>, Ed prochak says...

[Quoted] >>IF you have read this group at all,
>>THEN you would have seen that we have discussed this topic MANY times.
>>
>>Just because you offer this for free does not make it right.
>>

> Why not?
>
> People off free advice here, and that's OK. People offer free scripts,
> here and that's OK. But if some one offers a free tool that's evil?
> Why?

Because it is a product. Advice is not a product. Scripts are not a [Quoted] product. And the advice we offer and the scripts we provide are in response to legitimate questions from members of the Oracle community asking for advice to help them with education or employment challenges.

[Quoted] >>It really belongs in the c.d.o.marketplace group.

> Why? I have nothing to market.

[Quoted] Yes you do. And your refusal to recognize that makes you, in my mind, far to challenged an individual to have ever written a 'useful tool'.

>>This is not comp.databases.oracle.betatest
>>

> But this is comp.databases.oracle.tools isn't it?

I have dealt with 10 year old children asked to clean their room reacting this way to guidance. This is hardly the kind of discourse I would have expected from someone I presume to be an adult.

Which part of we don't want you violating our charter and posting [Quoted] this type of message here is too difficult for you to comprehend?

  And by the way I am
> not just offering a beta for free. The program will be free even when
> it gets out of beta.

I don't really care if you paid each and every one of us $1000 US to test the software for 10 minutes. It is still a product promotion and we don't want it here.

[Quoted] >>And we post these replies not to make you mad, but to make you learn.

> And what exactly am I supposed to learn? That making a free tool and
> giving it to people is evil? It is evil to tell anyone about this tool
> you made?

No. That we would appreciate it if you said the following:

"Please accept my sincere apology for posting in the wrong forum. I am sorry if I offended anyone and will repost my offer at comp.databases.oracle.marketplace."

[Quoted] So I will now put to you the challenge I have put to every other self-righteous spammer. And not one of you has ever had responded. What is it about posting your message at c.d.o.marketplace that causes a problem as opposed to posting it here where it isn't wanted?

[Quoted] The truth is that you have every intention of making a buck off your work, you are disingenuous not to admit it, and you think that by [Quoted] posting in c.d.o.marketplace not as many people will see your P/R.

Be prepard for the fact that everything you post to one of these [Quoted] groups, from this day forward, will be labelled spam. So either play by the rules or leave.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu