Re: Help !! WebForms hang when run thru browser

From: Steve Barrett <sbarrett_at_cdproj.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 11:32:43 +0100

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have installed Patch 3 of forms server. [Quoted] [Quoted] I have now installed the OAS patch (4.0.7.1.0) but I still get the same [Quoted] problem, no runform appearing.

[Quoted] I am running NT SP3, when you mention the patches are needed for SP4.

[Quoted] I didn't have SP4 to hand so I installed SP5 but that prevented the ORB [Quoted] process from starting in OAS so I have had to revert back to SP3. The OAS [Quoted] [Quoted] patch I applied indicates it needs SP3 so my feeling is that I shouldn't try [Quoted] and install SP4 unless someone indicates otherwise.

[Quoted] [Quoted] I believe the problem is somewhere down to the client side Java being unable [Quoted] [Quoted] to connect to the Forms runtime process. The browser is successfully kicking [Quoted] off Jinititator, Jinitiator is running the generic applet, the generic [Quoted] applet does get a successful connection to the forms server process, then either...

  1. The forms server process is unable to start a runtime session

OR

[Quoted] [Quoted] 2. The forms server process does start a runtime session and passes the [Quoted] [Quoted] socket information back but the client side java code cannot connect to this process.

[Quoted] [Quoted] Either way I appeared to be stumped with this self contained configuration. [Quoted] [Quoted] My next course of action is to try the HTTP/1.1 protocol for the Forms [Quoted] Server to see if this helps.

Does anybody else out there any ideas ?

Cheers,

Steve