Re: Help !! WebForms hang when run thru browser

From: <derwin_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 12:53:23 GMT

On your client, the environment setting should be: CLASSPATH=c:\jdk118\lib\classes.zip

No other classes are required to be set on the path statement.

In article <937927126.28261.0.nnrp-02.d4e58838_at_news.demon.co.uk>,   "Steve Barrett" <sbarrett_at_cdproj.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes this have been set.
>
> I have just tried the appletviewer from the DOS prompt with OAS up and
> running using the following file...
>
> Applet.htm
> ========
> <APPLET CODEBASE="/forms60code/"
> CODE="oracle.forms.engine.Main"
> ARCHIVE="http://eurovisual.demon.co.uk/forms60code/f60web.jar"
> HEIGHT=20
> WIDTH=20>
>
> <PARAM NAME="serverPort"
> VALUE="9000">
>
> <PARAM NAME="serverArgs"
> VALUE="module=hpmn001f userid=hps/hps_at_o8i">
>
> <PARAM NAME="serverApp"
> VALUE="default">
>
> </APPLET>
>
> I then set my CLASSPATH to
> f:\oracle\orant\forms60\java
>
> Then I invoke the appletviewer as follows....
>
> appletviewer applet.htm
>
> The Forms Server splash screen appears but I can now trap the errors
I am
> getting which are as follows...
>
> D:\oracle\html>appletviewer applet.htm
> java.lang.IllegalAccessError:
> oracle.forms.engine.Runform.<init>(Loracle/forms/e

ngine/Main;ILjava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/ lang
> /Str
> ing;ILjava/lang/String;I)V
> at oracle.forms.engine.Main.createRunform(Main.java)
> at oracle.forms.engine.Main.startImpl(Main.java)
> at oracle.forms.engine.Main.start(Main.java)
> at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:296)
>
> This is obviosuly the problem I am experiencing through the web
browser.

> Has anybody any ideas ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve
>
> derwin_at_my-deja.com wrote in message <7s7v05$8mn$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
> >You dont want sp5 as you found out, oas 4.0.8 is the first
> >version to support that..
> >
> >When you view java console, what does it show you? Have you
> >set up the server's CLASS_PATH, and FORMS_PATH or whatever
> >the variables are..?
> >
> >Daryl
> >

> >In article <937823968.21645.0.nnrp-01.d4e58838_at_news.demon.co.uk>,
> > "Steve Barrett" <sbarrett_at_cdproj.com> wrote:
> >> I have installed Patch 3 of forms server.
> >> I have now installed the OAS patch (4.0.7.1.0) but I still get the
> >same
> >> problem, no runform appearing.
> >>
> >> I am running NT SP3, when you mention the patches are needed for
SP4.

> >> I didn't have SP4 to hand so I installed SP5 but that prevented the
> >ORB
> >> process from starting in OAS so I have had to revert back to SP3.
The
> >OAS
> >> patch I applied indicates it needs SP3 so my feeling is that I
> >shouldn't try
> >> and install SP4 unless someone indicates otherwise.
> >>
> >> I believe the problem is somewhere down to the client side Java
being
> >unable
> >> to connect to the Forms runtime process. The browser is
successfully
> >kicking
> >> off Jinititator, Jinitiator is running the generic applet, the
generic
> >> applet does get a successful connection to the forms server
process,
> >then
> >> either...
> >>
> >> 1. The forms server process is unable to start a runtime session
> >>
> >> OR
> >>
> >> 2. The forms server process does start a runtime session and passes
> >the
> >> socket information back but the client side java code cannot
connect
> >to this
> >> process.
> >>
> >> Either way I appeared to be stumped with this self contained
> >configuration.
> >> My next course of action is to try the HTTP/1.1 protocol for the
Forms
> >> Server to see if this helps.
> >>
> >> Does anybody else out there any ideas ?
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >> Steve
> >>
> >> derwin_at_my-deja.com wrote in message
<7ru8si$qua$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Sep 22 1999 - 14:53:23 CEST

Original text of this message