Help !! WebForms hang when run thru browser

From: Steve Barrett <steve_at_eurovis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 23:27:03 +0100

Steve Barrett (guest) wrote:
[Quoted] : I am currently running...
: OAS ver 4.0.7
: Forms ver 6.0.5.31.0
: IE4 SP1a
: Jinitiator 1.1.7.18
: They are all configured on a single desktop with NT SP3. [Quoted]
: Currently I get Jinitiator launched successfully from IE4
: This then successfully starts the generic forms engine applet
: The developer server splash screen then appears
: THEN everything stops and no form appears and splash screen
: remains.
: I started off with Forms 6.0.5.0.2 and an earlier version of
: Jinitiator but got the same meesage somebody else has reported
: in the discussion area...
: FRM-9999 and a series of java exceptions
: There solution was to upgrade to a later version of forms. I
: have now done this and I am at the latest releases available
on
: the web for Forms and Jinitiator but now I don't even get as
far
: as the FRM-9999 message, just hanging on the devloper server
: splash screen.
: Help...
: Steve
: I suppose IE5 is my next port of call using it's built in JVM
or
: even reverting back to the good old appletviewer !!

Some additional information on some more things I have tried...

I have upgraded to IE5 and tried using the appletviewer but I am still experiencing the same problems.

I have switched on the Jinititator console and switching on logging by the forms server.

No errors occur in the java console and I get a successful connection message in the forms server log file.

For some reason though I still get the splash screen appear and it hangs there and no form appears. When I use the parameter to indicate the form should be run in a separate window, the separate window appears with a title indicating a forms runtime is running but no form appears and the hourglass appears whenever navigating into the runtime window.

I have unzipped the classes.zip file into the forms60/java directory and used IE5's native JVM, again the same thing happens. The splash screen appears and hangs and no form appears.

Help !!!!! Received on Fri Sep 17 1999 - 00:27:03 CEST

Original text of this message