Re: Help !! WebForms hang when run thru browser

From: <derwin_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 20:38:43 GMT

[Quoted] You have the application server patch from their web site??? And of course patches 1 & 2 (and perhaps 3) of forms server.

IE5 will work by itself without Jinit, if you upgrade the jvm -- choose product updates from IE5 menu and then select JVM. I think the number you want is 3164 in the java console when you say view java console.

The big thing here is nt patch 4 cause the problems. thats why you need the other patches above.

Daryl

In article <937520692.28134.0.nnrp-02.9e98d944_at_news.demon.co.uk>,   "Steve Barrett" <steve_at_eurovis.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Steve Barrett (guest) wrote:
> : I am currently running...
> : OAS ver 4.0.7
> : Forms ver 6.0.5.31.0
> : IE4 SP1a
> : Jinitiator 1.1.7.18
> : They are all configured on a single desktop with NT SP3.
> : Currently I get Jinitiator launched successfully from IE4
> : This then successfully starts the generic forms engine applet
> : The developer server splash screen then appears
> : THEN everything stops and no form appears and splash screen
> : remains.
> : I started off with Forms 6.0.5.0.2 and an earlier version of
> : Jinitiator but got the same meesage somebody else has reported
> : in the discussion area...
> : FRM-9999 and a series of java exceptions
> : There solution was to upgrade to a later version of forms. I
> : have now done this and I am at the latest releases available
> on
> : the web for Forms and Jinitiator but now I don't even get as
> far
> : as the FRM-9999 message, just hanging on the devloper server
> : splash screen.
> : Help...
> : Steve
> : I suppose IE5 is my next port of call using it's built in JVM
> or
> : even reverting back to the good old appletviewer !!
>
> Some additional information on some more things I have tried...
>
> I have upgraded to IE5 and tried using the appletviewer but I am
> still experiencing the same problems.
>
> I have switched on the Jinititator console and switching on
> logging by the forms server.
>
> No errors occur in the java console and I get a successful
> connection message in the forms server log file.
>
> For some reason though I still get the splash screen appear and
> it hangs there and no form appears. When I use the parameter to
> indicate the form should be run in a separate window, the
> separate window appears with a title indicating a forms runtime
> is running but no form appears and the hourglass appears
> whenever navigating into the runtime window.
>
> I have unzipped the classes.zip file into the forms60/java
> directory and used IE5's native JVM, again the same thing
> happens. The splash screen appears and hangs and no form appears.
>
> Help !!!!!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Sep 17 1999 - 22:38:43 CEST

Original text of this message