Re: Help !! WebForms hang when run thru browser

From: <xbguan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 02:20:25 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have the exact same setting as yours except I have SP4. I understand [Quoted] that the OAS 4.0.7.1.0 is still not certified with SP4. But my forms run [Quoted] very well in both Netscape and IE (4, I believe). I would check for the [Quoted] stuff like the PATH as mentioned on the other post and setting of OAS, [Quoted] and maybe the HTML form such as the virtrual path may not match with the setting in the OAS.

Xiaobin Guan

In article <937823968.21645.0.nnrp-01.d4e58838_at_news.demon.co.uk>,   "Steve Barrett" <sbarrett_at_cdproj.com> wrote:
> I have installed Patch 3 of forms server.
> I have now installed the OAS patch (4.0.7.1.0) but I still get the
same
> problem, no runform appearing.
>
> I am running NT SP3, when you mention the patches are needed for SP4.
>
> I didn't have SP4 to hand so I installed SP5 but that prevented the
ORB
> process from starting in OAS so I have had to revert back to SP3. The
OAS
> [...]
> >of course patches 1 & 2 (and perhaps 3) of forms server.
> >
> >IE5 will work by itself without Jinit, if you upgrade
> >the jvm -- choose product updates from IE5 menu
> >and then select JVM. I think the number you want
> >is 3164 in the java console when you say view java console.
> >
> >The big thing here is nt patch 4 cause the problems. thats
> >why you need the other patches above.
> >
> >Daryl
> >
> >In article <937520692.28134.0.nnrp-02.9e98d944_at_news.demon.co.uk>,
> > "Steve Barrett" <steve_at_eurovis.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> >> Steve Barrett (guest) wrote:
> >> : I am currently running...
> >> : OAS ver 4.0.7
> >> : Forms ver 6.0.5.31.0
> >> : IE4 SP1a
> >> : Jinitiator 1.1.7.18
> >> : They are all configured on a single desktop with NT SP3.
> >> : Currently I get Jinitiator launched successfully from IE4
> >> : This then successfully starts the generic forms engine applet
> >> : The developer server splash screen then appears
> >> : THEN everything stops and no form appears and splash screen
> >> : remains.
> >> : I started off with Forms 6.0.5.0.2 and an earlier version of
> >> : Jinitiator but got the same meesage somebody else has reported
> >> : in the discussion area...
> >> : FRM-9999 and a series of java exceptions
> >> : There solution was to upgrade to a later version of forms. I
> >> : have now done this and I am at the latest releases available
> >> on
> >> : the web for Forms and Jinitiator but now I don't even get as
> >> far
> >> : as the FRM-9999 message, just hanging on the devloper server
> >> : splash screen.
> >> : Help...
> >> : Steve
> >> : I suppose IE5 is my next port of call using it's built in JVM
> >> or
> >> : even reverting back to the good old appletviewer !!
> >>
> >> Some additional information on some more things I have tried...
> >>
> >> I have upgraded to IE5 and tried using the appletviewer but I am
> >> still experiencing the same problems.
> >>
> >> I have switched on the Jinititator console and switching on
> >> logging by the forms server.
> >>
> >> No errors occur in the java console and I get a successful
> >> connection message in the forms server log file.
> >>
> >> For some reason though I still get the splash screen appear and
> >> it hangs there and no form appears. When I use the parameter to
> >> indicate the form should be run in a separate window, the
> >> separate window appears with a title indicating a forms runtime
> >> is running but no form appears and the hourglass appears
> >> whenever navigating into the runtime window.
> >>
> >> I have unzipped the classes.zip file into the forms60/java
> >> directory and used IE5's native JVM, again the same thing
> >> happens. The splash screen appears and hangs and no form appears.
> >>
> >> Help !!!!!
> >>

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Sep 22 1999 - 04:20:25 CEST

Original text of this message