Re: Pro C/C++ precompiler error: "unidentified identifier"

From: <abutarif_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 14:27:52 GMT

[Quoted] In article <374be090.106028771_at_newshost.us.oracle.com>,   tkyte_at_us.oracle.com wrote:
> A copy of this was sent to abutarif_at_my-dejanews.com
> (if that email address didn't require changing)
> On Tue, 25 May 1999 16:11:20 GMT, you wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >I'm a begginer to Pro C/C++ but a good MFC and
> >Visual C++ programmer. I'm trying to precompile
> >an example I found in the Pro C/C++ documentation
> >and keep getting the following error:
> >
> >////////////////////////////
> >Semantic error at line 72, column 19, file H:
> >\projects\testDB\main.pc:
> >EXEC SQL CONNECT :username IDENTIFIED BY
> >:password;
> >//////////////////////end of error
> >
> >I also get the same errror whenever I try to use
> >host variables.
> >
> >The example I'm using is a direct copy and paste
> >from the Pro C/C++ documentation I found on the
> >Oracle web site. So, all the host variables are
> >declared.
> >

> either
>
> 1- put
> EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;
> ... host variables ....
> EXEC SQL END DECLAE SECTION;
>
> in the code around host variables or
>
> 2- add:
> parse=full
>
> to the pro*c command line.
>
> as it is, pro*c on windows defaults to parse=none so it is not
'reading' the C
> code, its just looking for EXEC SQL directives, and hence its not
seeing any
> variables.
>
> >Does anyone know what might be the solution?
> >
> >Thanks
> >

> >--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==--
> >---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.---
>
> See http://www.oracle.com/ideveloper/ for my column 'Digging-in to
Oracle8i'...

> Thomas Kyte
> tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
> Oracle Service Industries
> Reston, VA USA
>
> --
> Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle
Corporation

[Quoted] Thanks, I've done that and it precompiled. Now, when I try to compile using the Visual C++ it complains that it can't find the external symbol [Quoted] sqlctx. Does any one know what include file I have to add, or any other solution?

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Wed May 26 1999 - 16:27:52 CEST

Original text of this message