Re: Oracle Reports -> Word

From: Marc Mazerolle <informaze_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 14:39:16 GMT

I had a customer with similar requirements a few years back. He wanted us to generate a catalog for MS-Word where he could go in after generation and add pictures and add some logo's and slogan's on some items.

We finally wrote an OCI program to directly generate the catalog directly in RTF. The customer then loaded the RTF in MS-Word and did his jobs. The trick is to define the document structure you need before writting your program. Our customer built a "template" of what he wanted as a catalog (a few pages with section, sub-section heading styles) and saved it in RTF. We decoded the RTF and coded the logic in our program.

Worked fine and produced a huge catalog of 1200 pages.

Regards,

Marc Mazerolle
InforMaze Technologies