Re: Pro C/C++ precompiler error: "unidentified identifier"

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 16:03:47 GMT

[Quoted] A copy of this was sent to abutarif_at_my-dejanews.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Wed, 26 May 1999 14:27:52 GMT, you wrote:

>In article <374be090.106028771_at_newshost.us.oracle.com>,
> tkyte_at_us.oracle.com wrote:
>> A copy of this was sent to abutarif_at_my-dejanews.com
>> (if that email address didn't require changing)
>> On Tue, 25 May 1999 16:11:20 GMT, you wrote:

[snip]

>Thanks, I've done that and it precompiled. Now, when I try to compile
>using the Visual C++ it complains that it can't find the external symbol
>sqlctx. Does any one know what include file I have to add, or any other
>solution?

[Quoted] that won't be an include file -- that'll be LIBRARIES you need to link in. Look [Quoted] at some of the proc sample makefiles for their correct names/locations (i use unix -- don't know their names on NT)

>---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.---

See http://www.oracle.com/ideveloper/ for my column 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'...

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries