Re: Pro C/C++ precompiler error: "unidentified identifier"

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 17:42:11 GMT

[Quoted] A copy of this was sent to abutarif_at_my-dejanews.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 25 May 1999 16:11:20 GMT, you wrote:

>Hi,
>I'm a begginer to Pro C/C++ but a good MFC and
>Visual C++ programmer. I'm trying to precompile
>an example I found in the Pro C/C++ documentation
>and keep getting the following error:
>
>////////////////////////////
>Semantic error at line 72, column 19, file H:
>\projects\testDB\main.pc:
>EXEC SQL CONNECT :username IDENTIFIED BY
>:password;
>//////////////////////end of error
>
>I also get the same errror whenever I try to use
>host variables.
>
>The example I'm using is a direct copy and paste
>from the Pro C/C++ documentation I found on the
>Oracle web site. So, all the host variables are
>declared.

either

1- put
EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;
 ... host variables ....
EXEC SQL END DECLAE SECTION; in the code around host variables or

2- add:
parse=full

to the pro*c command line.

as it is, pro*c on windows defaults to parse=none so it is not 'reading' the C [Quoted] code, its just looking for EXEC SQL directives, and hence its not seeing any variables.

>Does anyone know what might be the solution?
>
>Thanks

>---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.---

See http://www.oracle.com/ideveloper/ for my column 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'...

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries