Pro C/C++ precompiler error: "unidentified identifier"

From: <abutarif_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 16:11:20 GMT

Hi,
[Quoted] I'm a begginer to Pro C/C++ but a good MFC and Visual C++ programmer. I'm trying to precompile an example I found in the Pro C/C++ documentation and keep getting the following error:

Semantic error at line 72, column 19, file H: \projects\testDB\main.pc:
EXEC SQL CONNECT :username IDENTIFIED BY :password;

I also get the same errror whenever I try to use host variables.

The example I'm using is a direct copy and paste from the Pro C/C++ documentation I found on the Oracle web site. So, all the host variables are declared.

[Quoted] [Quoted] Does anyone know what might be the solution?

Thanks

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Tue May 25 1999 - 18:11:20 CEST

Original text of this message