Re: Pro C/C++ precompiler error: "unidentified identifier"

From: <abutarif_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 17:51:39 GMT

I found those. For those who might be interested, on Windows NT the library names you have to link are:
sqllib80.lib
sqxlib80.lib

To link those to Microsoft Visual C++ you go Project->Settings and chose the 'Link' tab.Type those file names in the 'Modules/libraries' list.

You should include the location of these files in the library list in the Visual C++ options. The location is: "Oracle_Home"\pro80\Library\MSVC

In article <37541b2b.18598042_at_newshost.us.oracle.com>,   tkyte_at_us.oracle.com wrote:
> A copy of this was sent to abutarif_at_my-dejanews.com
> (if that email address didn't require changing)
> On Wed, 26 May 1999 14:27:52 GMT, you wrote:
>
> >In article <374be090.106028771_at_newshost.us.oracle.com>,
> > tkyte_at_us.oracle.com wrote:
> >> A copy of this was sent to abutarif_at_my-dejanews.com
> >> (if that email address didn't require changing)
> >> On Tue, 25 May 1999 16:11:20 GMT, you wrote:
> >>

> [snip]
> >
> >Thanks, I've done that and it precompiled. Now, when I try to compile
> >using the Visual C++ it complains that it can't find the external
symbol
> >sqlctx. Does any one know what include file I have to add, or any
other
> >solution?
> >

> that won't be an include file -- that'll be LIBRARIES you need to link
in. Look
> at some of the proc sample makefiles for their correct names/locations
(i use
> unix -- don't know their names on NT)
>

> >--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==--
> >---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.---
>
> See http://www.oracle.com/ideveloper/ for my column 'Digging-in to
Oracle8i'...

> Thomas Kyte
> tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
> Oracle Service Industries
> Reston, VA USA
>
> --
> Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle
Corporation

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Wed May 26 1999 - 19:51:39 CEST

Original text of this message