Solaris x86 & Oracle

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_bogus.email.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 06:09:47 +0000 (UTC)

I am following Oracle patches for Solaris x86. Oracle 10g is being barely touched while patches for Oracle 11g (32 bit version) are starting to show up regularly. There is 11.1.0.7 for Solaris x86, there is even CPU APR '09 for it.
Now, the question: given the low quality of Linux OS and a lack of tools, dtrace being the most important one, would it make sense to switch from Linux to Solaris x86? I, for one, would mercilessly ditch Linux in favor of Solaris, provided that such a move would make sense. What do others think of that?
--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com