Re: Solaris x86 & Oracle

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 08:56:44 +0200

Mladen Gogala schrieb:
> I am following Oracle patches for Solaris x86. Oracle 10g is being
> barely touched while patches for Oracle 11g (32 bit version) are starting
> to show up regularly. There is 11.1.0.7 for Solaris x86, there is even
> CPU APR '09 for it.
> Now, the question: given the low quality of Linux OS and a lack of tools,
> dtrace being the most important one, would it make sense to switch from
> Linux to Solaris x86? I, for one, would mercilessly ditch Linux in favor
> of Solaris, provided that such a move would make sense. What do others think
> of that?

Mladen, are you sure about that?
afaik, there is no base release 11g even available for Solaris x86, not to mention the patchsets ( i checked lastly otn, edelivery and metalink )

Best regards

Maxim

--
Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic
and totally illogical, with just a little bit more effort?

Aksel Peter Jørgensen