Re: Refresh Materialized view manually

From: Palooka <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 19:26:30 +0100

joel garry wrote:
> Nag, in all seriousness, I don't mean to be picking on you, but there
> is just something wrong with the problem as presented. It's setting
> off red flags that the design is inherently not appropriate for the
> task, and the workarounds make it worse.

So what is it in my original comment with which you disagree?

Vide supra, but repeated for convenience:

OP's design stinks. If they need real time replication, snapshots ^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H Materialized Views are not the solution. 30 seconds? LOL!

Palooka Received on Thu Jun 04 2009 - 13:26:30 CDT

Original text of this message