Re: Refresh Materialized view manually

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 09:55:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 3, 1:15 pm, Palooka <nob..._at_nowhere.com> wrote:
> joel garry wrote:
> > alter database go_faster with error redirection to the bit bucket.
>
> That's deprecated. From 10gR2 on use fast=true in the spfile.
> Heigho Silver, and away!
>
> DB.

Well, I guess I wasn't clear enough. We want the user occupied with pointless tasks, not the dba. I note the new thread, where the OP is asking why the manual refresh is so much slower... well, now that you mention it, maybe having the users continually modify the spfile might be an improvement.

Nag, in all seriousness, I don't mean to be picking on you, but there is just something wrong with the problem as presented. It's setting off red flags that the design is inherently not appropriate for the task, and the workarounds make it worse.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
“Nobody asked the question. Sometimes you just ask a stupid question.