10g Database not starting after applying patch

From: oracle, old sherwoodian <rana_gman_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 08:28:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I initially installed 10.2.0.1.0 version of the database and then applied the 10.2.0.3.0 patch successfully. Now i cannot get the database started. I get this error: ORA-12505: TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor (DBD ERROR: OCIServerAttach)

I've not changed anything. If fact, i made a copy of the listner.ora and tnsname.ora file and they both are identical. Please help.

Girish. Received on Tue May 12 2009 - 10:28:41 CDT

Original text of this message