Oracle Licensing

From: Nick Mundi <mundin_at_news.com.au>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 15:11:11 -0800

Dear Esteemed List,

Though I am very familiar with the technical aspects of Oracle, I don't know much about Oracle licensing. I have recently been asked by one of our staff to get more information on licensing. I would be very grateful for any information relating to this.

Also, is licensing based on the number of OS's or is it only on processers used/speed etc. What happens if you are running a passive/standby database, or a OS clustering solution.

Thanks.

Regards,

Nick Mundi Received on Thu Mar 01 2001 - 17:11:11 CST