RE: Oracle Licensing

From: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) <Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 15:50:54 -0800

Nick,

As a start you might want to go to http://oraclestore.com

There you will see list prices in US dollars for the various options, including

DB versions - Enterprise, std, lite, personal Licensing options - named user (single or multi server), or universal power unit

        (Note that concurrent licences are not sold any more). You can also buy perpetual or timed licenses.

Check http://technet.oracle.com/products/oracle8i/pdf/8i_fam.pdf for a document that describes what is in each version and you can see that (for example) OPS and partitioning are extra cost options.

Automated standby is only in the Enterprise Edition.

Please let us know what other relevant points you find out.

Regards,
Bruce Reardon

Author: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)
  INET: Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Mar 01 2001 - 17:50:54 CST