Re: DBA Job Functions

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 17:23:05 -0500

Paperwork for trace? What kind of paperwork?  Top secret SQL_Trace clearance? License to trace, only for DBA personnel with double zero codes? I'd like my Mountain Dew shaken, not stirred. I don't know about you, but I usually did my tracing on development and UAT systems, and no paperwork was required. When you have a problem with application performance, you profile it and trace it, to see where the time is spent. That's simply the method applicable across the IT industry. Plus, you don't need license for diagnostic and tuning packs, which is required for ASH.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant