Re: DG for nologging

From: Jeff Chirco <backseatdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 11:06:20 -0800

We have NetApp as well. You can use SnapManger for Oracle or their new production SnapCenter to take a snapshot backup of your database and then SnapMirror can automatically mirror that to your DR SAN. Now your DR database will only be as good as your last snapshot so if you want to minimize data loss you might want to think about shipping your archive logs files to DR or using SnapMirror for your archive log volume as well. This is what we do for our Standard Edition database where we can't using Data Guard. For Enterprise databases we use Data Guard instead and not SnapMirror. This is assuming you are in archive log mode. If not well then your snapshots will require database down time.

Jeff