Re: Fabian Pascal, completely different?

From: Bruce C. Baker <>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 12:09:15 -0500

"Bob Badour" <> wrote in message news:46a0da67$0$8825$
> Bruce C. Baker wrote:
>> "Bob Badour" <> wrote in message
>>>Bruce C. Baker wrote:
>> <snip>
>>>I see no evidence to conclude this. FP posts links to articles as
>>>"evidence for the suicidal decline of the west." I suspect one has to
>>>consider that many of the links are offered in a similar spirit to
>> I'll grant you that FP is concerned about "evidence for the suicidal
>> decline of the west.", but some of the books he lists at
>> DO have a decidedly
>> leftist/liberal/anti-GWB slant. Rock-ribbed conservatives, no matter how
>> concerned for the decline of the west, don't recommend books by Noam
>> Chomsky, f'gosh sakes! :-)
> I see no reason to think he is now or ever was a rock-ribbed conservative.

My bad, Bob. Perhaps I should have written "*Even* rock-ribbed conservatives ..."; I didn't mean to imply that FP was such (and I strongly suspect he isn't one!)

Or maybe I could have said that recommending a book by Noam Chomsky is inconsistent with linking to the post "Fatah Isn't the Answer - Israel is." (

>> I believe FP was some sort of economist/sociologist before turning his
>> attention to databases.
> I believe his background is in 'quantitative behavioural analysis'.
>> I miss his debunkings, too, but I can sympathize with not wanting to be
>> continuously beaten about the head and shoulders by ignorant idiots.
>> What evidence is there that
>> is being maintained by FP, as opposed to being merely linked to by him?
> The posts are signed FP and the book list on the blogspot site is actually
> a link to

Not disputing the point, Bob, but an admittedly casual search on my part doesn't turn up any posts signed by FP. Could you post a link to one from the site? TIA.

> The theme of the blogspot site is consistent with Fabian's opinions as
> stated in the past.

Just for the record, while I wholeheartedly concur with FP's concerns in re the state of western civilization and the decline of education, I nevertheless think he was more effective when dealing with database issues.