Re: Fabian Pascal, completely different?

From: Bruce C. Baker <>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 10:35:49 -0500

"Bob Badour" <> wrote in message news:46a0b82f$0$8860$
> Bruce C. Baker wrote:

>> To perhaps excessively over-simplify, FP's political postings in
>> had a decidedly leftist/liberal/anti-GWB slant, while the
>> postings on seem to be
>> diametrically the opposite.
> I see no evidence to conclude this. FP posts links to articles as
> "evidence for the suicidal decline of the west." I suspect one has to
> consider that many of the links are offered in a similar spirit to
> [snip]

I'll grant you that FP is concerned about "evidence for the suicidal decline of the west.", but some of the books he lists at DO have a decidedly leftist/liberal/anti-GWB slant. Rock-ribbed conservatives, no matter how concerned for the decline of the west, don't recommend books by Noam Chomsky, f'gosh sakes! :-)

I believe FP was some sort of economist/sociologist before turning his attention to databases.

I miss his debunkings, too, but I can sympathize with not wanting to be continuously beaten about the head and shoulders by ignorant idiots.

What evidence is there that is being maintained by FP, as opposed to being merely linked to by him? Received on Fri Jul 20 2007 - 17:35:49 CEST

Original text of this message