Re: Fabian Pascal, completely different?

From: Bruce C. Baker <bcb_at_undisclosedlocation.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 10:35:49 -0500

"Bob Badour" <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:46a0b82f$0$8860$9a566e8b_at_news.aliant.net...
> Bruce C. Baker wrote:

<snip>

>> To perhaps excessively over-simplify, FP's political postings in
>> dbdebunk.com had a decidedly leftist/liberal/anti-GWB slant, while the
>> postings on http://fallofknowledgeandreason.blogspot.com/ seem to be
>> diametrically the opposite.
>
> I see no evidence to conclude this. FP posts links to articles as
> "evidence for the suicidal decline of the west." I suspect one has to
> consider that many of the links are offered in a similar spirit to
> http://www.dbdebunk.com/quotes2006.html
>
> [snip]

I'll grant you that FP is concerned about "evidence for the suicidal decline of the west.", but some of the books he lists at http://www.dbdebunk.com/reading.html DO have a decidedly leftist/liberal/anti-GWB slant. Rock-ribbed conservatives, no matter how concerned for the decline of the west, don't recommend books by Noam Chomsky, f'gosh sakes! :-)

I believe FP was some sort of economist/sociologist before turning his attention to databases.

I miss his debunkings, too, but I can sympathize with not wanting to be continuously beaten about the head and shoulders by ignorant idiots.

What evidence is there that http://fallofknowledgeandreason.blogspot.com/ is being maintained by FP, as opposed to being merely linked to by him? Received on Fri Jul 20 2007 - 17:35:49 CEST

Original text of this message