Fabian Pascal, completely different?

From: Paul Mansour <paul_at_carlislegroup.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 07:20:50 -0700

I miss Fabian Pascal's criticism of the database industry, and contributions to clear thinking on the relational model, as dbdebunk.com has been silent for some time now. I noticed recently, however, that he is posting (though not writing) on his other passion on a new site:

http://fallofknowledgeandreason.blogspot.com/

Interestingly (and, to me, unobjectionably) he seems to have done a 180 degree turn in an extremely short time period - so short that I suspect that it is not unrelated to the silence on dbdebunk.

I hope he doesn't have a similar conversion with respect to database theory and start promoting XML. Received on Thu Jul 19 2007 - 16:20:50 CEST

Original text of this message