Re: Zipf's Law

From: -CELKO- <jcelko212_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 17 Feb 2007 12:27:37 -0800

>> What is the relevance of Zipf's law to software ? <<

It occurs in programming languages and in data. Also known as Yule's distribution. When I am looking at a DB, I look for a Gaussian, a Zipf, or a Poisson distribution -- it tells you somethign about what is causing the data. Then there are some other laws about the distribution of digits. Received on Sat Feb 17 2007 - 14:27:37 CST