Re: Bob's 'Self-aggrandizing ignorant' Count: Was: What databases have taught me

From: Keith H Duggar <duggar_at_alum.mit.edu>
Date: 25 Jun 2006 17:47:44 -0700

Marshall wrote:
> What, you can't tell the insults from the content? Here's
> an idea: take some of Bob's posts, pull them in to your
> favorite text editor, and edit out the insults *and only*
> the insults.
>
> Try it:

[snip example]

> Not all that hard, really. And you're left with something
> that is actually quite well written, and quite cogent.

Fascinating. I actually found it more clear /with/ the insult. Go figure. Maybe it helps to highlight points of disagreement?

Andrew McDonagh wrote:
> Bob Badour wrote :
> > In any case, I already twit-filtered Andrew so I would
> > never have known about his count if you hadn't replied
> > to it.
>
> Got to love those who help get past peoples filters eh!
>
> As Mr T says 'Damn fool!'

I'm not sure who you are calling a fool. If it is "those people" you directed it to, let me inform you that other people's twit filters do not concern me in the slightest.

> So, given that I nor others can't convince Bob to change
> his posting style so that we may bask in his magnificence,
> I decided to read Bob's posts from a different angle.
>
> Mainly one of 'let's see how many times per thread can Bob
> can repeat his favourite insult: Self-aggrandising idiot'
>
> Got to say - it makes reading his posts SSSsoooooo much
> more fun and less tiring.

So you are having fun at the expense of others who read the group? How mature and considerate of you. Vaguely seems like nascent C'mode behavior. Perhaps you should nip the bud.

  • Keith -- Fraud 6