Re: Bob's 'Self-aggrandizing ignorant' Count: Was: What databases have taught me

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Jun 2006 17:24:18 -0700

Andrew McDonagh wrote:
> Dan wrote:
> >
> > So Andrew, do you have any interesting comments or opinions concerning
> > the other content of the post, other than counting words?
> >
> > Where do you think Bob was wrong, or right?
> >

> Oh God, Dan, I like others, gave up trying to find wisdom, knowledge or
> anything of use within Bob's post, long ago.

Well, gee, Andrew, at least when you say that you're not even trying to understand Bob, that is more honest than when you say that Bob isn't actually saying anything. The fact that the problem lies with you vs. Bob is an important distinction.

> Its just too tiring, they are hidden so well within his insults.

What, you can't tell the insults from the content? Here's an idea: take some of Bob's posts, pull them in to your favorite text editor, and edit out the insults *and only* the insults.

Try it:

Bob Badour wrote:

> OO is a computational model and not a paradigm unless by 'paradigm' one
> means an example of a computational model. Idiot. Further, it is a
> computational model comprising a collection of features useful for
> constructing large unpredictable state machines from small predictable
> state machines or otherwise picked arbitrarily in the mid to late 1960's
> for what seemed expedient at the time.

becomes:

> OO is a computational model and not a paradigm unless by 'paradigm' one
> means an example of a computational model. Further, it is a
> computational model comprising a collection of features useful for
> constructing large unpredictable state machines from small predictable
> state machines or otherwise picked arbitrarily in the mid to late 1960's
> for what seemed expedient at the time.

Not all that hard, really. And you're left with something that is actually
quite well written, and quite cogent.

Marshall Received on Mon Jun 26 2006 - 02:24:18 CEST

Original text of this message