Re: Domain

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 01:23:06 -0500

> > I agree except that I would state it more like "DBMS's should use modern
> > programming languages where classes define types aka domains"
>
> Yeah, it seems like the type system of SQL products got fixed in place
> a long time ago, and hasn't had any way to assimilate new ideas.

Kind of like how programming languages got fixed in place a long time ago and haven't bothered to assimilate new ideas.

Modern programming languages are primitive compared to the relational model. Dawn is an idiot. I suggest you ignore her--for your own benefit. Received on Tue Dec 30 2003 - 00:23:06 CST