Re: Domain

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:47:34 -0500

> > "Marshall Spight" <mspight_at_dnai.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Yeah, it seems like the type system of SQL products got fixed in place
> > > a long time ago, and hasn't had any way to assimilate new ideas.
> >
> > Kind of like how programming languages got fixed in place a long time
ago
> > and haven't bothered to assimilate new ideas.
>
> If you look at the field of programming languages, the last 30 years
> has seen a lot of activity, a lot of new ideas, and a lot of advancements
> in type systems.

Really? The only real advancement I have seen is in TTM.

Specifically, how has it advanced?

Do you honestly think C++ represents an advance in type systems? How does the C++ type system advance on simula? And how exactly does the simula type system advance on Algol-60?

Marshall, if you keep up such ridiculous absurdities, you are about to earn your position in the twit-filter right along-side Neo and Dawn. Received on Tue Dec 30 2003 - 19:47:34 CET

Original text of this message