Re: Still OS Authentication

From: Roger Westbrook <rwestbrook_at_dollargeneral.com>
Date: 1999/01/25

Ok, I think I've solved my problem but now I'm not sure why. :) I've been attempting to test all this using the AIX root user. Everything worked fine except, as I said, I couldn't connect using "$ sqlplus / ". I've tried everything you guys said and it still wouldn't work so I tried creating another user called "test" in AIX and "OPS$test" in Oracle. It worked fine! I went back and recreated the oracle user "OPS$root" the same way I created the OPS$test user and it still did not work for root.

At any rate, it's working (I used root for testing purposes only so I really don't care that it doesn't work for that username) though I'm still curious as to why it wouldn't work for root.

Thanks again!
Roger Westbrook, rogue Sys Admin
Dollar General Corp