Repository for designer/2000

From: Greg Silverman <gms_at_gms.email.umn.edu>
Date: 1999/01/25

To use the Designer and to see the tables on the server, we have to connect
to a repository on the Oracle server. Even though we have a database, which contains tablespaces, which in turn contain tables, we do not have a

repository, which is supposed to be a subset of the existing set of tables
(possibly, from different tablespaces).
Apparenty, there are two ways to create a repository. One way is to install a preconfigured repository called seeded repository from the Designer CD. The second way is to create it manually, which, judging from
the documentation, may take several hours and involve close to 50 steps.

So I thought I would try the easy way first, which I did and I got a message saying that we have Oracle Server version 8.0.3 (or 8.0.3.0) and,
to install the seeded repository, we have to have at least version 8.0.4

(or 8.0.4.0). So I looked on Oracle website to see if there is an
upgrade
for the trial version, and there was not any.

Has anyone else had this problem and where can we get the upgrade from 8.0.3 to 8.0.4 --
we _just_ downloaded the NT version of the Enterprise server demo a couple of weeks ago?

TIA

--
Greg Silverman <gms_at_tc.umn.edu>
 University of Minnesota Cancer Center