Re: Still OS Authentication

From: Roger Westbrook <sidhe_at_home.net>
Date: 1999/01/24

Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying and thank you for your clarification.

I tried your examples and while logged into the OS as user "joe" I can connect with
"$ sqlplus ops\$joe/blow" and "SQL> connect ops$joe/blow" but still cannot connect with "$ sqlplus / "

Do OS groups which joe belongs to matter? User joe does not belong to the dba group but I didn't see anything in the documentation to lead me to believe that this was an issue. (I'd have tested that already but we're having phone line troubles so I can't use my dial-up)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Roger Westbrook, rogue Sys Admin
Dollar General Corp