Naming Conventions for Multiple Oracle Instances

From: Yaca R. Attwood <yattwood_at_world.nad.northrop.com>
Date: 1996/01/16

Our organization will be creating an Application Development Center for the programmers and application developers to do their work in. Due to the various idiosyncracies of software, the DBA's will have to maintain several versions of Oracle (7.0.16 through 7.2.2) on the server. We are trying to come up with a workable naming convention for the various instances, and we'd like to know what others in this situation are doing.

We thank you very much.

Yaca Attwood yattwood_at_world.nad.northrop.com Lynn Chapman lchapman_at_world.nad.northrop.com

Northrop Grumman Corporation
Pico Rivera, CA 90660

--
Yaca Attwood, one of several DBA's
Northrop Grumman Corporation
Pico Rivera, CA  90660
email: yattwood_at_world.nad.northrop.com